General Terms and Conditions
The general travel conditions of the Belgian Travel Disputes Committee apply to all Go Camino travel bookings, and are supplemented by the special Go Camino travel conditions, as set forth below.
SPECIAL GO CAMINO TRAVEL CONDITIONS
1. The special Go Camino travel conditions apply to all Go Camino travel bookings. Go Camino is registered under Elvira Rog, Nekkersberglaan 49, 9000 Gent, Belgium, and with VAT number BE 0699.867.470. These special Go Camino terms and conditions are referenced on the Go Camino website (www.go-camino.com).
2. Registration for Go Camino travel bookings are considered final by signing and returning the fully completed order form or by payment of the amount due. The special Go Camino terms and conditions stipulated here apply as of registration for Go Camino travel bookings. All payments are made by bank transfer into Go Camino
IBAN: BE42734043606054 SWIFT: KREDBEBB or by bank or creditcard.
The person registered for Go Camino travel booking is referred to hereafter as a ‘Traveller’.
4. After registration, the Traveller has the right to cancel Go Camino travel booking . Valid cancellation is subject to email notification to the email address email@example.com or by phone notification, subject to e-mail confirmation to same address thereafter.. In event of cancellation, cancellation fees must be paid by the Traveller to Go Camino, even if the cancellation is due to force majeure or coincidence.
5. The amount of cancellation fees varies depending on the time of notification of cancellation. The cancellation time is solely determined by the date of receipt by Go Camino of the e-mail message in accordance with clause 4 above:
up to 60 days before departure date: 25% of the travel sum due
between 59 and 40 days before departure date: 50% of the travel sum due
between 39 and 30 days before departure date: 75% of the travel sum due
less than 30 days before departure date: 100% of the travel sum due
6. After registration, the Traveller has the right to post-pone the departure date to a later date subject to email notification no less than 90 days before departure date. For all departure date delays initiated by the Traveller, Go Camino charges an amount of 50,00 EUR administration costs. Requests for changes less than 90 days before departure date will be considered as cancellation, in which case cancellation fees are due in accordance with clause 5 above.
7. All Go Camino travel bookings for guided walks will take effect as of a minimum number of 4 registered participants, unless Go Camino has indicated a guaranteed departure, regardless of the number of registered participants for the applicable guided walk. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the applicable guided walk, Go Camino reserves the right to (i) either go ahead with the planned trip, subject to a price increase, or (II) cancel the planned trip, or to (iii) post-pone the trip to another date. In such case, Travelers have the right to cancel their registration for the travel booking made . If applicable, the amount already paid by the Traveller will be reimbursed in full by Go Camino. Travelers will have priority for bookings for all future alternative trips.
Go Camino always has the right to cancel a planned trip or post-pone to another date, without being liable for such cancellation or delay, and without any compensation due.
8. The Traveller is solely responsible to duly and timely obtain a valid passport, travel visa or identity card and to fulfil any other immigration formalities with the competent government authorities required for the applicable travel booking. Go Camino advises the Traveller to obtain sufficient insurance coverage for travel, luggage, accident, health incidents as well as sufficient cancellation insurance coverage.
9. The travel route as referred to on the Go Camino website is purely indicative and not binding. Changes in the itinerary due to persistent bad weather conditions may possibly occur among the possible changes. In such case, Go Camino will offer alternatives that will, as far as possible, maintain the character of the booked trip.
10. Travellers must join the group at the agreed time and place. Any costs due to not joining the trip on time are solely for the account of the traveller. Unused services, due to the late joining of the group, are not refundable.
11. The Traveller who, during the journey on his or her own initiative, deviates from the programmed itinerary and/or does not participate in the guided itinerary, and therefore is not present at the agreed times with the group, will be liable for all additional costs, and is not entitled to any refund for non-enjoyed services and/or activities.
12. Go Camino is not liable for unforeseen events, arising from force majeure such as, but not limited to, weather conditions, accidents, delay, strikes or cancellation of flights. The extra transport or accommodation costs resulting thereof are for the account of the Traveller.
13. The Traveller cannot hold Go Camino liable in any way for moral or material damage or injury sustained during the walk, both on and off the paths, as a result of errors or misinterpretations of the provided directions or hiking maps. In all cases, the decision of the Traveller is legally valid, and not the advice or instructions of any other person. The Traveller knows and agrees that nature and the walking conditions can change daily, without Go Camino being able to reasonably avoid or foresee such changing conditions.
14. The Traveller who causes serious nuisance or engages in improper behaviour or misconduct that impedes the travel enjoyment of other travellers, making the proper execution of the trip difficult, can be excluded by Go Camino from further participation in the trip. All costs resulting from this are for the account of the Traveller. In such case, the Traveller will not be entitled to any refund or reimbursement of sums paid.
15. Fees due
The fees due for Go Camino travel booking include the guided walk, as well as accommodation for all nights and two daily meals (breakfast and lunch). Included in the trip fees will be the daily transport of one piece of luggage to the next overnight place during the entire period of the trip. The maximum authorized weight for the luggage will depend on the transport company on the route and will be communicated to the Travellers before departure date. Any extra costs for luggage overweight are at the expense of the Traveller. In any event, Go Camino cannot be held responsible for loss, theft or damage to luggage during the trip.
The travel fees do not include the costs for transport to and from the departure point of the camino in Spain, Portugal, or the Netherlands, or any other departure point. Personal expenses, travel or cancellation insurance are not included in the fees due.
16. Each Traveller must obtain proper insurance coverage for personal accidents and injuries, including to third parties. Go Camino cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to personal property, including injury or death caused by negligence or recklessness, including to third parties.
17. Any and all disputes in relation to Go Camino travel bookings and the interpretation of the applicable terms and conditions will be subject to Belgian law, without resort to its conflict of laws principles. The Courts of Ghent, Belgium, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any and all disputes in relation to Go Camino travel bookings and the interpretation of the applicable terms and conditions.
18. Go Camino reserves the right to modify these special Go Camino travel conditions. The latest version of these terms and conditions as referenced on the Go Camino website will prevail. In case of conflict between the general travel conditions of the Belgian Travel Disputes Committee and the special Go Camino travel conditions, the special Go Camino travel conditions will prevail.
Start your journey here
When did you live life at 4km/hr lately?